AAC Big Bang Party 2011

I had a request again to photograph the Big Bang Party sponsored by Advanced Armament Corporation along with Remington ArmsKnights ArmamentCrye PrecisionLeupold, Barrett Arms, Bushmaster, Troy Industries, Triple Aught Design, Leatherman, Tactical Tailor, Mountain Khakis, Sabre Defense Industries, Nighthawk Custom, The Armory Group, Ops Core, Allen Arms Tactical and Maxim.

The light or lack thereof was horribly difficult to deal with and made shooting without a flash technically quite difficult.  With all apologies to David Hobby, I am trying to go with natural light from these events rather than supplement with a flash.

Last years party was a great event with fantastic music and pretty impressive visuals.  I was told that this years party would be even bigger and better and I was not misled.  DJ Roxanne Dawn spun the tunes while  Zen Arts from Los Angeles provided much of the entertainment.  There were also a couple of bands.  I am not sure of who the second band was, but the first band, Whole Lotta Rosies was epically good.  Whole Lotta Rosies is a all girl AC/DC cover band and they absolutely rocked the house.  They were so good that they deserved an entry all their own on Jonesblog after this entry.  UPDATE: 01/26/11  Jason from AAC tells me in the comments below that the second band was The Butcher Babies.

The event was held again at the Voodoo Lounge at the top of the Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, but this time the entire place was ours for the night.  The views of Las Vegas are spectacular and if the weather is nice, which it was tonight, it is an unbeatable location in Vegas to have a party.

Jessica Serrano coordinated the party and found *all* of the talent for it.  If you are looking for a party coordinator, I’d have to say that considering Jessica and her company Intrepid Beauty International would be an excellent decision.

This is @cadillaccallie and her boy.  She managed to find me online somehow after the party and specifically requested this image.  Lovely couple.

This is Carol Schmidlin from Leupold and her date/spouse.  I apologize for not getting his name, but we were rockin’ out to Whole Lotta Rosies at the time.

Sherri Wheatley gave an amazing bellydance performance.  Unfortunately, I missed one of her performances this night and only caught about half of the other one as there was so much going on during the party.  I’ll have to keep an eye out for her as the costumes and performance make for fantastic form for photography.  If you get a chance, she is not to be missed.

One of the lovely people at the party, Nicole Petronella.

Categories: Events.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comment Feed

10 Responses

1. The second band was the Butcher Babies.

2. PS- awesome pics!

3. Thanks man. Entry with the name of the Butcher Babies has been updated.

4. THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS. IM SO GLAD THE PARTY WAS A SUCCESS. MY NAME IS JESSICA SERRANO, AND MY COMPANY IS INTREPID BEAUTY INTERNATIONAL. I WAS THE EVENT COORDINATOR FOR THE BIG BANG PARTY THIS YEAR. I’M THE GIRL (IN SEVERAL PICTURES ABOVE) WITH A STRAPLESS DRESS,CAMERA AROUND MY NECK, ONE PAINTED ARM, AND ALL MY HAIR TO ONE SIDE. I HIRED AND COORDINATED ALL THE TALENT INCLUDING THE WHOLE LOTTA ROSIES, STITCHED UP HEART, BUTCHER BABIES, ZEN, AND DJ ROXANNE. I WAS ACTUALLY WONDERING IF I MAY REQUEST SOME ADDITIONAL IMAGES FROM YOU FOR A MEDIA DISC I AM HAVING PRODUCED. IT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.

JESSICA SERRANOJanuary 26, 2011 @ 4:37 pmReply
    • Hello Jessica.
      Congratulations for this Big Bang Party, the pictures are amazing.
      When do you make a big party in Spain? ;)

Sergio KreuschSeptember 14, 2011 @ 5:48 amReply
  5. Awesome pictures Bryan! I love the colors! I guess this is where the high ISO capability of the 1D III come in.
    Thanks for sharing!

Dino LeoneJanuary 31, 2011 @ 11:37 pmReply
  6. Hey Dino, thanks.

These pictures were actually made with the 1D Mk IV that was hooked up to a 50mm f/1.2 lens. It was crazy difficult technically as the plane of focus was so thin and there was not nearly enough light for autofocus in many instances, but the camera/lens combination performed pretty well.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] this band, the band that opened up for the 2011 AAC Big Bang Party called Whole Lotta Rosies deserved their own blog entry.  Yeah, they played at the AAC Big Bang […]

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Bryan William Jones, Callie Stanford. Callie Stanford said: amazing photographer. @BWJones http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjones/2011/01/aac-big-bang-party-2011/ […]

3. […] conferences this big, there are the inevitable parties that get thrown, with great music from bands that play these parties and others and much, much more.  We […]