AAC Big Bang Party 2011, Whole Lotta Rosies

So, this band, the band that opened up for the 2011 AAC Big Bang Party called Whole Lotta Rosies deserved their own blog entry.  Yeah, they played at the AAC Big Bang Party and they undeniably rocked.

Initially, I was thinking an AC/DC cover band whose schtick was that they were an all girl band?  Come on… but much to my surprise, they blew me away.  When I got back home and was going through photos, my wife of course knew who Whole Lotta Rosies were as she read an article in the New Yorker or somewhere about them recently.  AAC and their sponsors continue to amaze me at these things by finding great musical talent.

Yes, in an homage to Woody Guthrie, the label on her guitar reads “This Machine Heals Hearts”.  While it is not the same punk ethos as Woody’s “This Machine Kills Fascists”, I found it to be both awesome and touching.

Categories: Events.

Tags: , , ,

Comment Feed

3 Responses

1. Thank you for not being covered with tattoos.
    Yes I am getting old, but so it body art.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] girl AC/DC cover band and they absolutely rocked the house.  They were so good that they deserved an entry all their own on Jonesblog after this entry.  UPDATE: 01/26/11  Jason from AAC tells me in the comments below […]

2. […] conferences this big, there are the inevitable parties that get thrown, with great music from bands that play these parties and others and much, much more.  We don’t get anything like that at […]