Portrait: James Duncan Davidson (Pre-Wedding)

James-Duncan-Davidson

Camera: Fuji X-Pro1
Exposure: 1/280
Aperture: f/1.4
Focal Length: 23mm (35mm full frame equivalent)
ISO: 200

This portrait of James Duncan Davidson was made in his hotel room, pre-wedding just after Chad, Benjamin and I had ironed all of our shirts. Duncan was looking pretty smart in his Hugo Boss attire and the light was just right for a portrait*.

I like this image for a variety of reasons, particularly because Duncan was looking so happy and relaxed.  But also because it was made with one of my very most favorite cameras ever, the Fuji X-Pro1.  This little Fuji was released back in 2012 and it still delivers amazing performance.  The X-Pro 2 has got to be just around the corner, but until that shows up, the X-Pro1 will always in my travel kit.  While I’ve been shooting with the Leica cameras quite a bit lately, I love the way the X-Pro1 feels.  Its a compact rangefinder, almost like what the old Leica M6 felt like which to my hand was just about perfect.

Like-a-Boss

Duncan’s feet, properly attired for his wedding.

*I do have to give Duncan some editorial credit for this image as there was a lamp in the background that we removed.

Categories: Portraits.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comment Feed

One Response

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] portrait of my friend Duncan (@duncan) was made as we ironed clothes and dressed right before his wedding to the lovely Katerina Biliouri (@biliouriful).  Duncan was looking amazingly happy and relaxed […]