Time and Space…

Right now… a shot made with the iPhone.

Categories: Right Now.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comment Feed

8 Responses

1. Beautiful photo. I’m still on the 3Gs and wish I could have the improved camera. Hoping the 5 will come out soon so I can leapfrog to the next offering.

• Yeah, I gotta say that the single biggest improvement for me in the iPhone 4 has been the camera. The built in HDR engine is OK in really challenging lighting and it benefits from the CPU increase, but most of the time I do not use it. This image is straight out of the iPhone 4 with no processing or HDR.

2. this is quite amazing. I have to admit I never guessed the picture had been taken with the iphone camera. I’m impressed. Although if I remember correctly, you have shown stunning pictures taken with the iphone before.

Dino LeoneJune 21, 2011 @ 11:01 pmReply
    • Thanks Dino,

Yeah, so I have posted pictures from the iPhone before here: http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjones/2010/12/gravity-probe-b/

However, this photo seems to be so much more and I am really impressed with the iPhone’s performance. If you look, it even caught a raindrop streaking through in the upper left. My hope for the next iPhone is that they don’t simply try and cram more pixels in to the camera in that phone at the expense of quality or ISO sensitivity.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […]  iPhone imagery is starting to appear more and more on Jonesblog with the previous post being an image straight out of the iPhone with no post processing.  While this post is heavy on the Hipstamatic, I’m not yet sure how I feel about it. […]

2. […] to even most dedicated point and shoot cameras and certainly not up to SLR quality.  That said, the images from the iPhone have been better than expected and if there is one thing that the Photowalking Utah community has taught me, it is that beautiful […]

3. […] shot is here because it represents a sea change in photography.  This shot illustrated to me that photography was getting ready to go through another revolution.  I’ve […]

4. […] iPhone serious as a camera started a couple years ago with this image of the Gravity Probe B and this image captured on the way home from Idaho.  The ability to rapidly and conveniently be able to document […]