Color

I had the privilege today of seeing one of the best lectures I’ve ever seen. Robert was asked to give a lecture on color to the art department and he put together a talk that illustrated color from the physics to the neurobiology, all at a level that the layman could understand. It was elegant, beautiful and inspiring. My hopes are that other people have the opportunity to see and hear the talk,. It turns out that if you are in the photographic community, you have an opportunity to see the talk at the Moab Photography Symposium Unfortunately, I’ll be on the other side of the country and will not be able to attend, but I encourage all of you that have an interest in photography to try and make the symposium, if only to learn how we see color.

Categories: Science.

Tags: , , ,

Comment Feed

5 Responses

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] including Robert Marc’s session on color perception.  I’ve seen most of this talk before, but it is always a pleasure.  If you ever get a chance, his talk on color and the neuroscience of […]

2. […] a brief look into the other senses and there are more than you think there might be.  I’ve written about Robert’s color talk before and I still maintain that if you ever get the chance, it is one of the best publicly accessible […]

3. […] Our Sun is something that we take for granted and while there are many like it, this one is ours.  It is a fiery ball of plasma surrounded and pierced by magnetic fields, technically classified as a yellow dwarf or more precisely a G2V.  It is this sun that has defined who we are through evolution, helping biology to craft our eyes, our skin and even the chemistry of DNA and the mechanisms of its repair.  Arguably, it is the sun that has defined biology itself on planet Earth.  Its a discussion for another time but you can get some of it from a visual perspective if you ever manage to catch Robert Marc’s color lecture. […]

4. […] an aside, if you ever get a chance to see Robert Marc’s lecture on color, do it.  Its magnificent.  His discussion of the color blue from the physics to the neurobiology […]

5. […] about the meaning and psychology of color and one of these days soon, I’ll have record Robert Marc’s talk on color and host it over on the Marclab.org website to share a discussion on color that starts with the […]