Travel To Deliver Boynton Lecture

Camera: Leica M-P 240
Exposure: 1/250
Aperture: f/1.4
Focal Length: 35mm
ISO: 1,600

I just got back from a trip to Rochester, New York to deliver a Boynton Lecture at the Flaum Eye Institute, Center for Visual Sciences.  I’ll have more to say about that in the very near future, but my lasting impression was that it was a truly wonderful, supportive vision research institute that very much has a sense of community and collegiality about it. The faculty are well curated, and the level of mutual respect there for each other and the science was admirable.  They also understand the value and importance of not only recruiting in great talent, but also retaining the talent they do have, as well as the incredible value of promoting from within to grow a program that is a unique strength of the institution.

I almost did not make the connection as my flight from SLC to DTW to make a connection was late and Delta had already booked me on another flight the following morning which would have thrown everything off. I Had hoped to do a little photography in the tunnel bridging the terminals at DTW on the way out, but it was not to be as evidenced by how fast I was running in the video below to *JUST BARELY* make my flight connection.  So, I was absolutely tickled to have a little extra breathing room to make the photos above and at the bottom of this post on the way back through DTW from ROC on the way to SLC.  I do very much appreciate public art in spaces like this. Thanks DTW for doing that.

iPhone 14 Pro

Camera: Leica M-P 240
Exposure: 1/45
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 21mm
ISO: 3,200