Alan Crandall 1947-2020

My friend and colleague Dr. Alan Crandall passed away today, and I am so sorry for his wife, his family, and for all his friends and colleagues around the world who have been forever transformed through our relationships with Alan.

Alan was one of the very best human beings to have walked this earth.  The world is a better place for Alan’s  presence, and we are better people both for who Alan was and for the life that he lived.

I don’t think it is any exaggeration to say that thousands, if not tens of thousands of people have had their eyesight saved by Dr. Crandall through his direct work with them of from the surgeons he trained, around the world.

Our chairman, and one of Alan’s oldest friends Randall Olson wrote a bit about Alan here, his history, professional life, and what he meant to all of us.

I offer all my love and gratitude to Alan for his friendship, and to Alan’s wife, family, and our extended family here at the Moran Eye Center for the opportunity to get to know and work with this man.