Halfway Through 2020, Rough Road

Camera: Leica M9
Exposure: 1/125
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 250

So, here we are… halfway through the year 2020.  It’s been a rough year personally, financially, socially, professionally, spiritually, and emotionally.  We’ve seen people we’ve known die from COVID-19, and others who have gotten sick.  Friends, family, colleagues…  And we have at least another 6 months to a year, I think, before things will start to normalize.

I hope and pray that the elections in November will begin the long road of rectification and healing in this country.  The election in 2016 was the beginning of my sense of cognitive dissonance, with respect to this country, and the beginning of so much damage to the infrastructure of our government from science to intelligence and foreign affairs, not to mention a raging, almost out of control pandemic brought on by gross negligence at the highest levels of government.  That seems to be exacerbating divisions within this country and brings back memories of the politicization of the AIDS virus.  It is amazing to me that common safety practices like wearing a mask to prevent infections have become a political issue.

I fear the road will get rougher before it starts to smooth out.  So please, let us all work together to be good to each other.  Keep each other safe, and respected.  And please, work with me to help improve our world for us, and for those who come after us.

And wear your face mask…