Room At Janelia Farm

Janelia-Farms

I travelled to Janelia Farm last week for a Lasker Foundation / International Retinal Research Foundation meeting to discuss where we are with retinal vision rescue approaches.  I had no idea how beautiful the Janelia campus was as this was my first visit and this view, the view from my bedroom was the first real moment where the simple, sparse beauty of the place hit me.

Janelia Farms Room

There was not much time to spend in this beautiful room, but it was a remarkable window with which to wake up to as the sun came up.

I’ll have many more images of the Janelia Farms campus and research labs soon…  It is an amazing place.

Categories: Daily, Travel.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comment Feed

9 Responses

1. Oh my, this is beautiful. It’s absolutely stunning. Too bad its not open to tourists.. or is it? :)

2. Is there a shade on the window? Just wondering how bright it was in the morning!

Diana DiBerardinoApril 29, 2014 @ 4:14 pmReply
    • Hey Diana,

Yes, there was a shade on the window. I don’t know how bright it got in the room in the mornings as I was typically out of the room later in the morning and off to meetings. But it was nice to have that much sunlight.

3. Thanks for this. Where did you get breakfast and is there someone on “check in” and a safe to keep your belongings ? Thanks for this.

Mark RosenbergJuly 13, 2015 @ 3:55 amReply

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] RT @BWJones: Animated GIF of my room at Janelia Farm, made with Fuji X-T1: http://t.co/kZAG11a1Uj http://t.co/7qIIhXaGu2  […]

2. […] What can I say?  This place, Janelia Farm is amazing.  I traveled out here a couple weeks ago to attend a meeting for the Lasker Foundation to discuss where we are with retinal vision rescue approaches.  It really did feel like walking into an alternate universe in some respects.  From the moment I passed through the gates, it was clear the grounds are beautiful, but my mind was kinda blown when checking in to my room.  I was told that the room I would be staying in at night would be on the ground floor which did not mean much to me until I walked through the door and saw this. […]