This Is Your Brain… Any Questions?

Neurons in the brain

This is another in a set of images from rendered neuroscience data and part of an expanding set of images including Neuron, Neuron Pentaptych, Visual Cortex Neuron, and Abstract Cell Bodies In Brain that resemble charcoal on paper in their processing.  Some of these images are now art hanging on walls of friends in cities around the world including London, Tokyo, Amsterdam, San Francisco and Salt Lake City.

Categories: Art of Science.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comment Feed

6 Responses

1. What part of the body are these cells from? Is the backdrop composed of glia?

Jack JuniJune 4, 2013 @ 6:56 pmReply
    • Jack,

These cells are from the visual cortex of brain. There are glia in this image, they are just not labeled and are therefore invisible here.

2. Dear Bryan,

I’m an academic from Oxford who makes short video-interviews with academics to post on our YouTube Channel (The Practical Ethics Channel). I was wondering whether I’m allowed to use your picture in a short video interview I made on the ethics of using neurointerventions to prevent crime Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to interpret the copyright document…It’s a fantastic picture though – it looks like marble with neurons… It’d be great if you could just indicate whether or not I can use it this way. Many thanks, Katrien

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] elements of a science of education, Second edition. ed. Cambridge University Press. Photo: Neurons in the brain. Bryan Jones, University of […]