ARVO 2012

ARVO 2012 was a great meeting in so many ways that can only be accomplished with face to face interactions.  The collaboration and collegiality was most excellent and I look forward to continued new conversations with friends about scientific ideas and experiments.  For the lab, it was productive as well.  I moderated a session and we had a platform presentation from Alex, a poster from Drew, a platform presentation from Scott and another one from Robert.

The only downside to the trip was my credit card number was stolen by someone in concessions at the Ft. Lauderdale convention center which necessitated some work after I got home, but the administrative folks from the ARVO office were very helpful as was AMEX.  That said, on to the pictures…

To our friends, I apologize for the delay in getting these posted.  This year has been insanely busy and we are just trying to keep up.  If you have any other pics that you’d like posted, send them off to me and I’ll post ’em with credit to whomever took them.  Click on the image you want in the gallery below to “embiggen” it.

Categories: Science.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comment Feed

5 Responses

1. Great pics, as always! kudos. (BTW, it struck me just now that the photo of the microphone looks like the compound eye of the fly.)

Steve from BuffaloSeptember 15, 2012 @ 6:47 amReply

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] Like we did last year, I’ve uploaded a bunch of snapshots from ARVO from around the meeting and from events in the evening including the Moran Eye Center social.  I’m out of town right now, so rather than resize all the photos and upload to Webvision, you can see all of them over on Jonesblog by clicking here. […]

2. […] of her already presenting her work at international ARVO conferences in vision research both times in 2012 and 2013, I might add on a spoken platform […]

3. […] accepted, she could go.  To my amazement, Alex put together abstracts two years in a row at the 2012 ARVO and the 2013 ARVO that were awarded with platform talks which she delivered, representing the lab […]