Green Heron

This Green Heron (Butorides virescenswas seen in Ft. Lauderdale out in front of the Marina Hilton Hotel.  There have been a couple of pictures of a Green Heron here on Jonesblog before, but this is the best shot I’ve ever been able to achieve of a green heron and I am grateful to Robert Marc for spotting him as we walked from a session at ARVO to the Yacht Club for lunch.

Camera: Canon 1D MkIV
Exposure: 1/320
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 300mm
ISO: 100

Categories: Birds.

Tags: , , , ,

Comment Feed

4 Responses

1. Super capture B. Love the light!

• Thanks Scott! The reflection of light right into the fountain in the front of the hotel made for great lighting. Could not have asked for better.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Continuing the Discussion

1. […] The bird life in the Everglades is truly stunning.  Some of the birds have already been posted like the red shouldered hawk, but others I still have to get to.  That said, its funny that I never really saw any green herons close enough to get a decent shot, and never saw one in Florida before, but this trip yielded two green heron shots…  The one above and one in front of a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. […]

2. […] image of a green heron is to date, perhaps the best image of a bird I’ve managed to make.  One of these days, I might get some […]